Monday, October 21, 2019

Welcome Friends!

Hi!
My name is Catie. I’m a nurse, wife and a mother to 2 amazing and energetic boys. 


I’ve thought about staring this blog journey for a very long time but never had the guts or enough ideas to start it. I finally came up with what I felt like a great idea and there is a need for right now and something I’m very passionate about. I want this blog to be all about pregnancy, birth, postpartum and being a parent. 


I’ve been a nurse for about 8 years now and I have 3 ½ years of labor and delivery and postpartum experience. Being an OB nurse has truly been in the top 3 best experiences of my life. I’m currently a triage nurse at an OB/GYN clinic. This is something different for me with a slower pace but I’m learning about new things every day. Which brings me to how this blog idea came about. 

I left my bedside RN job as a L&D nurse and working nights to have a steady day job so I could be home more with my husband and kids. However, my sacrifice led me to a stage of grieving a loss in my life that I didn’t know I would feel. For weeks I was depressed because I missed my job so much and my wonderful co-workers. Even though it was very difficult and stressful and most of the time I was sleep deprived, I loved it and I felt like it was one of my purposes in life. So, I decided to start a new endeavor in my “free time” to write about what I’m passionate about and hopefully help people. 

One thing I always saw with parents, especially new parents, or parents who had less resources is that most people are uneducated about pregnancy, birth, and being a parent. There’s A LOT of classes out there, but most cost money and are usually out of people’s budget. There’s also too much information on the internet for people to research through and know what’s accurate and unbiased. Your healthcare provider is a great resource for a lot of questions; however, they have a very limited amount of time with you. 

So why are there such limited resources? I’m not entirely sure; and there’s many answers. I do know that when I talk to my patients, I try to give them any advice and resource I can to help them in their situation because I want everyone to succeed and feel supported in this crazy life. I know this because I’m a parent! It’s HARD! Nothing in my life has been harder and more rewarding than being a parent. So why not give advice and knowledge that I have to others who are looking for it. And if you don’t want it or like it, that’s okay too. I’m far from being an expert in my field but I know a lot and what I do know I’m willing to share. 

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Even as an L&D nurse I felt completely clueless when I got home with my baby. I can only imagine how our patients feel without adequate resources and a plethora of online info that can be confusing and overwhelming. Keep on blogging we need it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment. It means a lot especially from a fellow L&D nurse.

      Delete

What I packed in my Birth bag

Having kids is chaotic. How are you supposed to think straight while trying to manage your own life along with another human being’s life, o...